Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tonight I was reminded to eat some...

Some of that Broccoli stuff. What a vegetable! 
     I was reminded to eat, because I was talking with Sam and asked him what he ate. He said he ate broccoli today.  He ate it completely raw.  I asked what did he put on it, dressing, mustard, salt?  He ate it as-is, plain, nothing on it, just broccoli.  I think that is amazing. It's a great diet. Eating raw (most of the time) is the best plan, but it does take a lot of discipline. One has to be a really committed individual to stick to the diet, especially in a culture, wherein they eat all kinds of junk and processed food-stuff.

I remember the first time I discovered the taste and enjoyment of Broccoli. I must have been about 20 years old. I was starting on my long journey to healthy eating and lifestyle. I had eaten broccoli before, but it was not emphasized. I think my mother had made it from frozen and mixed it with other veggies.  When I bought some from the supermarket, on my own, it was already a bigger deal to me. I became obsessed with having it around in the kitchen. I prepared it in various different ways. I also began to enjoy broccoli on baked potato. That was on the Wendy's menu. (not a plug for Wendy's)   This obsession with broccoli lasted for about a month or two.  There's not much more I can say about it in words.  It is inexpressible; such is the experience of eating foods...

No comments:

Post a Comment